A great opportunity for experienced, flexible and innovative candidates to advance their career within the CNC precision engineering industry and work in a modern and highly equipped facility for a dynamic, growing company.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of programming, setting and operating 3,4 & 5-axis CNC milling machines.
- Aerospace or Medical industry experience is preferable.
- CAD/CAM packages experience such as SolidCAM/Hypermill is preferable.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Time efficient programming of CNC milling machines.
- Good practical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce work to a high degree of accuracy and quality.
- Experience using various measuring equipment.
- Good IT skills i.e., MS Word/Excel.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Programming, setting and operating CNC milling machines for manufacturing of precision components to tolerance, as per engineering drawings and CAD models provided.
- Monitor own work, that machined parts are correct and within specification and of acceptable finish quality.
- Adhere to work schedules and meet work project deadlines.
- Identify and communicate manufacturing issues to production engineering and engage with solution implementation.
- Design and manufacture work holding fixtures and soft jaws for machining operations.
- Create set-up procedure sheets for production jobs.
- Communicate and contribute in a cooperative team environment.
- Ensure machine(s) are clean, oil and coolant levels are maintained, and generally well kept.
- Maintain high standard of workspace housekeeping and engage in Lean Program projects.
- Prepare machine and work station for hand-over to next shift.