A great opportunity for suitable candidates to advance their career within the CNC precision engineering industry and work in a modern and highly equipped facility for a dynamic, growing company.
- Preferably 3 years’ experience operating and setting up work on CNC milling machines and/or CNC lathes for production work.
- Aerospace or Medical industry experience is preferable.
- CAD/CAM packages experience such as SolidCAM/Hypermill is preferable.
- Leaving Cert qualification or equivalent.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Aptitude for practical, hands-on problem-solving.
- Ability to produce consistent work to a high standard.
- Experience using various measuring equipment.
- Good IT skills i.e., MS Word/Excel.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Loading, unloading, setting up and operating CNC machines for manufacturing of precision components to tolerance, as per engineering drawings and CAD models provided.
- Monitor own work, that machined parts are correct and within specification and of acceptable finish quality.
- Adhere to work schedules and meet work project deadlines.
- Identify and communicate manufacturing issues to production engineering and engage with solution implementation.
- Follow set-up procedure sheets for production jobs.
- Communicate and contribute in a cooperative team environment.
- Ensure machine(s) are clean, oil and coolant levels are maintained, and generally well kept.
- Maintain high standard of workspace housekeeping and engage in Lean Program projects.
- Prepare machine and work station for hand-over to next shift.